OEM SYSTEMS offers several different types of speaker selectors. Speaker selectors can be used as a distribution point when multiple speakers are connected to an amplifier. This can reduce wiring clutter and offer a cleaner and more reliable installation. They are also useful for isolating areas of distributed sound. This can permit private listening and prevent disruption to offices or guest and children’s rooms. Beyond these benefits, speaker selectors also help to protect the amplifier from damage by reducing or balancing the load. When it comes to choosing the right speaker selector for your system, feel free to call us with your questions.
The SLX-4 includes 120 high quality pre-printed labels that slip into the label channel above the room switches. - view lablels These high quality labels are named with nearly every conceivable room or area name indoors and outdoors for both residential and commercial use, making these units highly adaptable and user friendly.
The SLX 4 is equipped with the all new and revolutionary MB-4 wiring harness connection system, which has the following exclusive benefits:
Each MB-4 provides connections for 4 pairs of speakers. The MB-4 wiring harness is approximately 4’ in length. It is terminated on one end with a 16 conductor molded nylon locking connector and 16
high- grade gold plated banana plugs on the other end.
The molded nylon connector snaps and locks into the rear panel of the SLX speaker selector providing a positive connection for all 16 conductors. These connections are not subject to “working loose” or becoming loose from minor movement such that these type of devices are subjected to from routine dusting (house cleaning).
The 16 banana plugs are clearly labeled to facilitate organized and confusion-free connections to the “head-out”. The head-out is the point where the speaker wire transition into the wall and make their way to the volume controls and speakers.
The SLX-4 includes one (1) MB-4 appropriately labeled for speaker pair numbers 1-4.
The banana plugs of the MB-4 wiring harness plug directly into industry standard banana jacks or
“5-Way” binding posts for a very professional and attractive finished look.
- Positive connections that will not work themselves loose like the popular “spring clip” or“quick connect” types
- Dramatic time savings in installation and set-up
- Dramatic improvement in connection integrity - absolutely superior quality terminations
- Makes troubleshooting system connections extremely quick and easy
- Individual on/off switches for each pair of speakers
- Provided with 120 high quality pre-printed speaker selector labels
- MB-4 wiring harness connection system included
- EXT-6 wiring harness connection system - 6' extension - optional
- Sold and Shipped Individually
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS:
Overall Dimensions: 8-1/2" W x 2-5/8" H x 9" D
Net Weight: 3.6 lbs.
SLX Install Guide [PDF]